The Tri-Valley Turkey Burn is a family-friendly run, walk, or stroll event on Thanksgiving morning. Whether you run, walk, or stroll, it is a great opportunity to burn off those calories ahead of the big Thanksgiving feast. They are expecting over 2000 participants this year so it is going to be a great time!
The course starts off and winds through the beautiful Ken Mercer Sports Park in Pleasanton, continuing off road through Pleasanton, and returning to the park to finish! Enjoy the autumn color! Get out with family or friends! Or make new friends! Babies in strollers and dogs on leashes are more than welcome, so bring the whole family!
Entries include age-based pricing and is extremely affordable ($10 for adults, $5 for youth, and kids under 10 for free). You’ll have the choice to cover a distance of either 5K or 10K.
All monies raised by the Tri-valley Turkey Burn through Sponsorships and Event registration go specifically to support Youth Services and Programs in and around the Tri-Valley.
The Pleasanton North Rotary Club has items they budget for each and every year, and your donations fund those 100%. Such items as High School Scholarships, Rotary Youth Leadership Camps, Speech Contest Awards, High School Student-of-the-Month awards, and International Youth Exchange.
In addition to those annual items, they have turned right around and donated thousands of your dollars to local organizations and non-profits that serve our local youth. Some grant recipients include:
- Assistance League of Amador Valley
- Balance Boxes – Free to Run
- Ballistic United Soccer Club
- Seek & Save, Inc.
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- We Are Pleasanton (PPIE)
Iconic “I am thankful for… “ Race Bibs
One of the most popular aspects of this event are the customizable race bibs. There is plenty of space for participants to write in what they are thankful for this holiday season. There will be a bib decorating station set up under the Elation Real Estate tent with hundreds of markers that can be used to decorate your bib!
Avenues of Service
Let me take an aside for a minute to explain a little bit about the foundation of Rotary Club Activities. Rotarians channel their commitment to service at home and abroad through these five Avenues of Service. Spoiler Alert… there used to only be four:
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Learn more in An Introduction to Vocational Service and the Code of Conduct.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest. Learn more in Communities in Action: A Guide to Effective Projects.
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
May I have a drum roll please…. Introducing the 5th Avenue of Service: YOUTH Services
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth Exchange.
The Pleasanton North Rotary Club was instrumental in presenting to Rotary International and having Youth Service added as a fifth avenue of Service. That is why this event returns all of the proceeds back to youth services.
Please bring non-perishable food donations for Tri-Valley Haven! They’ll have collection bins available during our packet pickup times. They especially need:
- instant mashed potatoes
- stuffing mix
- sweet potatoes
- green beans
- mandarin oranges
- pumpkin pie mix
- evaporated milk
- chicken broth
- turkey gravy
Tri-Valley Haven creates homes safe from abuse, contributes to a more peaceful society one person, one family, one community at a time. Together, we build a world without violence.
That’s The Scoop for now. As always, feel free to reach out to any one of us here at Elation Real Estate for all your real estate needs, in and around Pleasanton, Livermore, and the rest of the Tri-Valley.
Or ask us how you can join our team!
Elation Real Estate… Boutique Feel with World-Class Results!
All the best,
Your Elation Real Estate Team
The Tri-Valley Turkey Burn is brought to the community by the Rotary Club of Pleasanton North. The Rotary Club of Pleasanton North Foundation is a
501(c)(3) non-profit. Federal tax ID is#03-0374400.